Marieholm26 anchor and bow roller

English spoken IF-boat forum for all topics.

Moderator: Moderator

Regatta
Kontakt:

Marieholm26 anchor and bow roller

Inlägg av Regatta »

Hello,
This is a topic for ask how much weight I can put on the bow of a M26 respect his total weight. My idea is about 9,5 kg anchor spade and 30 m of 8 mm chain plus other 50 m of nylon rope .. Total weight 60/70kg... On the bow.
I will sail in Mediterranean Sea next year for 8 months so for sure I need to buil a bow anchor roller and some space to collect chain.. no way to bring anchor and chain from cockpit to bow. I will need a good anchor due the fact the Meltemi wind in Greece blow 25-40 knot gust in the night and I wont sleep a quite relaxed if we can say that...Anybody could give some information or some advise or post some photos.
Thanks in advance for anyone help me!
Cheers
Regatta
Kontakt:

Re: Marieholm26 anchor and bow roller

Inlägg av Regatta »

Hello ...Nobody gets an answer?

www.marieholm26.org
Användarvisningsbild
maja

Re: Marieholm26 anchor and bow roller

Inlägg av maja »

It seems that you have to re-construct the very forward compartment into a strong and watertight, drained anchor box. This will also add some weight. Unless you are not very keen on GRP construction work yourself, this is a topic for a shipyard.

The draft of the boat will increase approximately one centimeter and the trim by bow in the range of 13 centimetres. Also the longitudinal moment of inertia will increase considerably, making the boat more pitching in waves. So of course, the sailing performance will suffer. I will be like having one person permanently staying at the forestay.
Marek, IF-båt SWE-829 "Ingela" från Lagunen i Malmö
Medlem i IF-båtförbundet sedan 1985
IF-båtägare sedan 1983
Skriv svar