New to class

English spoken IF-boat forum for all topics.

Moderator: Moderator

Ballad

New to class

Inlägg av Ballad »

I am changing my Albin Ballad for an IF Folkboat (inboard engine). I have found what looks to be a very nice one, built 1976, 06 survey report rates it as generally in good condition but short on navigational and safety equipment. Can anyone give me a 'ballpark' I should expect to pay? I 'll be grateful for any help/advice offered

In anticipation
Ballad
Olivia

Inlägg av Olivia »

The price in Sweden for an IF E (IF-boat with inboard diesel engine) is very much dependent to the condition of the engine. With the original Volvo Penta MD 1 in an IF from 1976 the price could be anything from SEK 60000 to 80000 and a breakdown would still be likely to occur.
Try to find a boat with a recently replaced or thoroughly renovated engine and pay SEK 75000 to 85000. Normally the seller is not fully compensated for the cost of the new or renovated engine.
Try this link
http://www.blocket.se/vi/9911535.htm?ca=15_s
Ballad

IF Folkboat price

Inlägg av Ballad »

Thanyou, that is most helpful

Ballad
Len

UK Price

Inlägg av Len »

Here in the UK a fair price seems to be £10-12K dependent upon the condition of the boat.

The racing fleet is based in St Mawes nr Falmouth and we enjoy a championship in July and a class start during Falmouth regatta week as well as club racing. For more info see our club web site www.stmawessailing.co.uk.

Regards
Len
Skriv svar